The Brenny Funeral Home saw its beginnings in the late 1930’s when Clem Brenny of Holdingford, Minnesota came to Little Falls to build the business on the west side of Little Falls, Minnesota. In 1946, after returning from serving in the Navy, Clem married Mary Lampert and the two began the Brenny Funeral Home.
Clem and Mary’s oldest son, Richard, married Sally Hill in 1970 and the two moved to Pierz, Minnesota to help establish the Brenny Funeral Home there. Clem’s two sons, Joe and Chuck, then joined the family business and the business expanded to Royalton, Minnesota and Upsala, Minnesota. In 1977, the business was purchased from Clem and Mary by the three brothers. Richard and Sally moved to Little Falls in 1987, after the purchase of the Simonet Funeral Home of Little Falls by the Brenny Funeral Home. In the 1990’s, Richard and Sally bought out the other two brothers and became the sole owners of the two Little Falls locations ~ the Brenny Funeral Home, West Chapel, and the Brenny Simonet Funeral Home, East Chapel, along with the Royalton, Pierz and Upsala locations.
The Brenny Funeral Homes continued to operate until August 1, 2006 when Richard and Sally sold the business to Emblom Funeral Service owned by Stephen “Steve” and Lynette “Nettie” Emblom of Little Falls, Minnesota. Honoring those that have served the community before them, Steve and Nettie changed the name to Emblom Brenny Funeral Service. Steve and Nettie began building a new home for Emblom Brenny Funeral Service in April, 2008 and began operating out of the new facility on October 6, 2008.
The Embloms sold the east side Brenny Simonet location, to Morrison County in August, 2008. Steve and Nettie have been blessed with an amazing staff. Trent Iverson serves as a full-time funeral director and the support staff consists of: Jay Bailey, Richard Brenny, Bernie and Marcy Gallus, Gerry Knafla and Paul Kapsner.
Steve Emblom died on December 1, 2012 after a battle with metastatic prostate cancer. Nettie sold the business to Cory and Angela Michaelson in November 1, 2016. The Michaelson Family is committed to serve the Morrison County area residents with the utmost respect and dignity.